Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stompbox Cookbook


Some time ago, I got into building guitar effect pedals. It's a great hobby and I've actually used a lot of the boxes I've built. For over two years I've been looking for the Stompbox Cookbook at a reasonable price. It went out of print a while back and shows up occasionally on Amazon or Ebay for 2 or 3 or $400. After using Google book search I got a list of libraries that had the book in stock and participated in the interlibrary loan program. One week later I was able to pick the book up for free at my local library! I have it for a couple weeks and the only drawback is copying the book is illegal. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

2 comments:

TentacleJoe said...

Hey,

I was wondering if you ever copied this book? By chance would you be willing to sell me a copy of your copy if you did?

Joey

Bill said...

I've had numerous inquiries about copying this book. First, it's not legal. Second, the cost and time it would take to put it together would be in the neighborhood of $150, counting copies, binder, a few hours of time, and shipping. It's about 270 pages and single sided that's as thick as 540! This is the reason I decided to let folks know they can get a hold of a copy from the local library in their area. I appreciate all the inquiries.