Monday, December 8, 2008

Macbook to Airport Extreme connection problem

After struggling with this problem for months, I finally fixed it. My Macbook would connect to the wrong network when waking from sleep or turning on the Airport card. I looked all over the net trying to find a way to fix it and the close but no cigar answer was "select preferred networks instead of automatic with your network as the preferred one," etc.

That didn't do it, even when I set it all up and locked it. One post said to delete other networks in the preferred category and another said to delete all other WAP password protected networks.

What finally worked for me was to delete ALL the preferred networks inclding my own using the minus sign and then using the plus sign I added my own. Once this was all set up, I was able to switch back to automatic and so far it's been a smashing success that only took hours and hours of teeth grinding. Why Apple couldn't have this info on their web site I don't know.

No comments: