Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boss Loop pedal RC-20XL question, review

OK for messing around at home but unusable as a live looping tool. When I record a pass with the left pedal and hit the left pedal again it plays what was just recorded but there is a stutter - 40 to 60 ms before it actually kicks in. I sent one back because it was defective. Sometimes would not pass audio at all and a couple other problems. The second one still had the stuuter problem. A rep at Roland told me his did not stutter but a rep at Musician's Friend said he had a friend who had a stuttering pedal too. Roland is a good company but they missed the boat on this one. The Akai Headrush which I also own, is a great pedal but you only get 24 seconds of looping. See my post on the Headrush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought a loop pedal. I don't think I'm smart enough to learn how to use them. I look at all those buttons and get intimidated. :)

Rob