Thursday, November 6, 2008

Am I the only one who wants a recording interface without preamps?

Hello interface manufacturers! I'm looking to upgrade my recording chain and have some very good racked up preamps. I would love something I could use that would allow me to output the signal from the pre and go into the computer but all I see on the market are these devices with 8 preamps and an ADAT in. What's up with that? Compromise I guess, for the home recordist who wants it all in one package for $499. Digidesign makes you use their hardware - that kind of locks a guy in doesn't it?

I have been using a Roland VS2480 - pretty cool box all in all but would really like to take it up a notch. Guess I'll keep looking.

1 comment:

Getting Free said...

Try finding a lynxone used. It has XLR ins and outs as well as aes/ebu i/o. Super clean PCI card.