Thursday, November 6, 2008

Roland Juno Stage review

Roland used to be my favorite company but I feel they have once again missed the boat. Finally got to try one of these at G.C. the other day and I was less than impressed. Weak piano sounds, 80's synth sounds, odd length keys that didn't feel right for organ or piano. . . and way over priced. $1350 - 1400 for this thing? C'mon! I had really hoped it would be the answer to a quick keyboard set up with a lot of options but it seems everything it has is a compromise. No thanks, I'll continue the extra effort of setting up my P-90, Moog Little Phatty and Alesis QS7. The Alesis is really my least favorite but the organ and synthy string sounds are OK in a band setting. I run the organ through a Boss Rotary pedal, P-90 sometimes gets a phaser, and the Moog goes through my Akai Headrush for the echo stuff.

No comments: